There have been a lot of Top Ten lists floating around this time of year. Here is mine: The Top Ten posts from the year from least visits to most visits.
10. God’s Billfold: A sermon I wrote in 2008 for Children’s Sabbath. My opening illustration was a scene from the film Around the Bend. The director of that film left a comment about how I used that scene.
9. A Thanksgiving Meditation: This was one of the first sermons I ever wrote and preached in 2005 at a Community Thanksgiving Eve service. The events from the day heavily influenced this writing.
8. Empty pages: One of my spiritual disciplines is the act of journaling. I now use those old composition notebooks after one of my journals was lost (or something). This post is my reflection on looking through some old journals.
7. “Raise my Ebenezer”: This is one of my favorite posts. I had participated in a feeding program in Richmond and met one of the CARITAS guests who had stayed at our church for two weeks.
5. LebCamp 2001 . . . um, 2011: A post at the conclusion of LebCamp this summer, the title reflects my “oops” moment during the Closing Worship.
4. Leb’s Renovated Youth Center: After about 2 weeks of hard work by some of the students at Leb, a post showing off the changes made to the Youth Center at Lebanon.
3. Tangled: Another one of my favorite posts; one about my dad. This week my Dad would have been 63. This was originally written for a sermon I preached a few years ago.
2. Wedding Planing: Date & Location: Not a big surprise, everyone wants to know about the wedding. Megan and I will try to post more in 2012 about the wedding.
1. The Engagement: It was a hot day in July, one of the hottest of the year. But, we made the best of it.